The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday July 19, 2005 at 19:40
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
I have an interesting update on my problem. I discovered that if I take my TSU7000 70 feet away from my home theatre to my bedroom the power on IR code works flawlessly each and every time. While in my home theatre which is only 20 some feet from the RF Extender it is completely hit or miss and mostly miss. Should this be telling me something?

I am running my projector and IR543 off the RF extender as well and have not had one missed IR code in all this time. As such, I can't imagine its my RF Extender, but who knows. After all, why would it work from 70 feet away perfectly and not even be somewhat reliable much closer, and why just a problem with the power on code. Outputting straight IR via my TSU7000 works fine by the way.

*Update ... woohoo!!!!*
I have my RF Extender mounted on the back wall in my equipment closet up close to the ceiling. I had it mounted where the Philips logo was showing upright. I simply inverted the RF Extender as I have it on the bracket and WOW!!!, not only does the power on IR code work each and every time now no matter where I am in the house, but all the IR codes for this tuner respond much more crisply. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes turning the unit on and off with the remote and still no misses for the power on IR code. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise. I don't want to get too excited at this point, but it certainly seems like I'm good to go now.

-Lowpro

This message was edited by Lowpro on 07/19/05 20:23 ET.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse