The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday August 18, 2007 at 10:09
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On August 16, 2007 at 02:06, konker71 said...
I'm not sure I can get hold of one of those universal
RCs here is Asia.

Rob (owner of the JP1 forum) sells remote controls and JP1 cables and ships them to many countries at reasonable prices. He often programs remotes before shipping in cases like this, where there is a well defined code set that is requested, so you may not need the JP1 cable at all and/or you may be able to use the remote before learning the JP1 software. See Rob's post at
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Can I use any software, like the ones suggested in this
post, to program those URCs?

I don't understand which "URCs" you mean. Almost any remote that can be programmed by any PC interface can be programmed based on the information in that link you posted. There are several brands and many models of remote that can be programmed by PC interface. The least expensive of those are probably the JP1 remotes and cable sold by Rob.

Most "universal" remotes that can't be programmed by PC (as well as those that could but you don't have the cable) can't be programmed with the information from that link. Kupakai mentioned three models that CAN be programmed with this code set without connection to a PC. I assume he is correct about that. Few, if any, other models could be programmed for this code set without a PC. Even those models would be easier to program if you got a JP1.2 cable and used that to program them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse