The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday August 21, 2006 at 09:46
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On August 21, 2006 at 09:13, stereoguy823 said...
I managed to get an excel file from sharp with the codes
in this format:

10001 101101 11 10

The first part 10001 is the device number in backwards binary. 10001 happens to be the same backwards or fowards. It is the binary for decimal 17. So with MakeHex, you would use the sharp.irp file and set the device number to 17.

The next two parts 101101 11 together are the function number in backwards binary. So you put them together and reverse the sequence to get 11101101. Then convert from binary to decimal to get 237.

People who know a little more about Excel than I do, would be able to tell you how to write an Excel formula that would concatenate those two fields, textually reverse the result, and then convert from binary to decimal.

The last part 10 just tells you it is Sharp protocol, rather than Denon. I assume that part is the same for all the signals in your file.

When you run MakeHex for Sharp device 17, you get all 256 possible functions. Then you use the function numbers computed as described above (the way I got that 237) to select and label functions from the MakeHex output. That can be done one ProntoHex string at a time directly from the .hex file to ProntoEdit, or you might find it easier to use IrPanels.exe to convert MakeHex output to a CCF file with numbered buttons and then merge that whole CCF into your own config.

I have seen other people posting codes that have more
digits at the end. Mine do not. They are exactly as above.

The extra digits on the end are the same info, but in hex rather than in backwards binary. That would simplify the Excel formula needed to convert to decimal.

I can find ALL SORTS on this site, but I cannot find a
solution to the makehex thing. Basically I cannot find
out what to put in makehex for device and function.

As I stated above, you just put the device number into makehex (via sharp.irp). You don't edit the "function=0..255" line already in sharp.irp. Then you use the function numbers computed from the Excel file to select from the makehex output.

Hosting Services by ipHouse