The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday December 2, 2007 at 11:48
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On December 2, 2007 at 09:49, breevesdc said...
I actually bought a JP1 cable years ago when I was trying
to program discrete on/off on my DirecTV HD Tivo years
ago. But I've since forgotten how to do all of this.

The starting point for learning JP1 is
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

As I mentioned earlier, you can use KM or RM to build the new setup code. I think RM is easier. The main beginner document to read if you will be using RM is:
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

The main thing you want to do is create two upgrades: one for subdevice 17 and one for subdevice 18. After you install RM (see the 1'st link above) most of the instructions for creating upgrades are in section 6 of the 2'nd link above.

That section starts out assuming you are using OFA learned signals as your source of information. You're not. Instead you will get the protocol, device and subdevice from my post above. Then for each OBC number, I suggest Windows Calculator in view Scientific mode to convert the HEX OBC numbers sydinstaller gave you to the decimal OBC numbers RM needs (the HEX column in RM is something else entirely, that you shouldn't use). For example, where he said "D212 47Standby" the 47 is the HEX OBC number. Hex 47 is decimal 71, so you should type "Standby" into the function name field of some row in RM's functions sheet and 71 into the OBC field of the same row.

The function names in RM are just reminders to yourself for later. They don't ever get into the URC-8811. So you don't really them. But things get very confusing later if you don't type in appropriate names.

All the rest of those instructions (all the way to getting the new upgrade into your 8811 and using it) should fit your situation. Only the source of protocol, device, subdevice, and OBC values is different between your situation and the one described in that guide.

Hosting Services by ipHouse