The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 1, 2007 at 22:25
breevesdc
Long Time Member
October 2005
Hello. I have spent several hours searching the internet trying to find the advanced codes for the Zone2 functions of the Onlyo TX-SR705 receiver.

Unlike previous Onkyo receivers I have owned, the remote that comes with it actually sends separate remote signals to the receiver for Zone2. You press the Zone2 button on the remote which puts the *remote* into Zone2 mode. After that, all button presses send Zone2 signals to the receiver. With previous Onkyo receivers, pressing the Zone2 button would send an IR signal to the receiver to put the *receiver* in Zone2 mode. Then the remote would send the exact same signals as it would for Zone1 for all commands. But the receiver would treat them as Zone2 commands because it was in Zone2 mode.

I think this is actually a smart design change by Onkyo. However, the problem I have is that I want to use an advanced code on my OFA 8811 remote. The advanced code for Zone1 is 0166 (FM). But I don't know the Zone2 version of that code. The Onkyo remote that comes with the receiver can't "teach" my 8811 because it doesn't know the "FM" button. It only knows the "Tuner" button (which toggles back and forth between FM and AM). So there is no way to just put the remote in Zone2 mode and then teach the 8811 the command.

You would think that manufacturers would make their remote code library accessible to the general public so that they could do this kind of programming on their own. But I cannot find anything on Onkyo's web-site (or any other web-site for that matter) indicating the IR codes for their remotes. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Brian

Hosting Services by ipHouse