The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday December 2, 2007 at 18:46
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On December 2, 2007 at 15:07, jag_man653 said...
I am very familar with Excel, so that's not a problem.
What I don't understand is
what to do, if anything, with all the other stuff in the
decodeCCF output.

Most of it you don't do anything with. DecodeCCF doesn't know what you intend to do with the results. So it dumps lots of info.

For example, at the far right of the
Excel worksheet is a very long string of number pairs:
4522-4496

That is raw timing info for expert use in diagnosing some kinds of problem decodes. Even experts normally ignore that part.

My motivation here is the EFCs alone don't work.

An EFC number works only in the context of a compatible setup code. So before testing a setup code, you need to have selected a device key, and before that you need to have programmed a compatible setup code number onto that device key.

DecodeCCF does NOT have any database of setup code numbers, so it does not tell you the setup code number. DecodeCCF tells you the protocol name, device number and subdevice number. There are files at hifi-remote in which you can look up an OFA model and protocol, device and subdevice to find the setup code numbers if they exist. In both the hifi-remote forums and the OFA forum here at RC, the experts are pretty friendly about doing that lookup for you if you post OFA model and protocol, device and subdevice.

Since you have a JP1 cable, you don't need to be limited to built-in setup codes. You can create a new one with and protocol, device and subdevice you like.

the set doesn't go on, even though the subject decoded
CCF file says that's the
EFC. I'm thinking that my LN-T4671F needs a different
set of pulse width hex codes,
and that's what's in the right-most column of the decoded
CCF file. Is this right or wrong?

Probably wrong. I don't know whether the LN-T4671F understands the discrete codes you found elsewhere. Samsung is very inconsistent about which models (or even which firmware revs of one model) understand which commands.

I don't know whether you tested with a compatible setup code or whether you sent a totally unrelated signal by using the right EFC number but with a wrong protocol, device or subdevice.

how do
I get that data into KM, IR.exe, or whatever?

KM doesn't take raw timing info. No JP1 tools do, and there is almost never any need to (and this certainly isn't such a case). hifi-remote has good help documents for using protocol, device and subdevice together with pairs of function name and either OBC or EFC.

Hosting Services by ipHouse