The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday January 13, 2008 at 08:57
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On January 12, 2008 at 18:25, thevagabond said...
I recorded (learning mode) the power-key with the following
output

That is NEC1 protocol (not a very good learn, but not bad enough to be surprising that you say it works). It is device 4, function 8.

I tried to generate the hex codes i need with makehex
and the correct settings i read here in the forums (NEC1,
Device 4, Funktion 1 - 255) but it doesnt work :(

The generated hex code looks MUCH different to the (working)
powerkey:

That is device 4, function 196. Try function 8 from the generated signals. It still won't look like your learned function 8, but it will send the same signal to your device.

I like to use the functions from here (service menu etc.)

I see you chose the power on signal from that list and you correctly used the OBC number 196 (you should not use the EFC number 172). But you say it didn't work.

If your model even supports that command, it probably needs a long duration. Did you test it in a macro? Or did you test it alone on a button? I understand you will want to use it in a macro, but it is a good idea to test it by itself first. When an IR signal is the only action on a button's action list, you can send a long duration by pressing the button a long time (so you can find out whether a long duration makes it work). In a macro, sending a long duration is more complicated.

On January 13, 2008 at 07:02, thevagabond said...
Can anyone decode my learned IR Code

I did, but you could easily decode such signals yourself, using DecodeIr.dll plus the JP1 version of IrTool.exe
[Link: hifi-remote.com]
[Link: remotecentral.com]

Last edited by johnsfine on January 13, 2008 09:10.

Hosting Services by ipHouse