The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday April 7, 2008 at 11:33
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
Those decodes are correct. However, we don't know the frequency or the timescale. Most IR protocols are used in only one frequency and timescale (per protocol), so once you have a decode you would know the correct frequency and timescale.

But RECS80 is used with several different frequencies and timescales. So we don't know which is correct.

MakeHex.zip contains two different .irp files for recs80. You could try each of those and see if one generates correct signals for your device. But there is a significant chance your TV uses some other frequency and timing, requiring changes to the .irp file.

On April 6, 2008 at 15:19, SeBsZ said...
The program I use, however, needs RAW pronto.

Unfortunately, most such programs only understand pronto hex for modulated signals. Most RECS80 is unmodulated. Maybe you'll be lucky and either your program understands unmodulated or your TV uses modulated. If not, I may be able to kludge a .irp file for recs80 that looks to your program like it is modulated but generates a signal that looks unmodulated.

Meanwhile, which command was that, which you decoded? I have a big library of downloaded IR signals on which I can do fast automated scans. If there is another brand TV on which the same device number (7) and same function number (32) in RECS80 has the same function meaning (which I don't see in your posts) then likely that other TV uses the same frequency and timing of RECS80 as well.

Edit: I did that search anyway. Regardless of function name, I only found two instances of RECS80 device 7, function 32 in all my downloaded signals.

[Link: remotecentral.com]
is a Saba TV model T6360SH
That function is labeled with a down arrow (so it might be the down arrow function or it might be something like ch- or vol-).
The frequency and timing are close to recs80_68.irp, but maybe not close enough to use unmodified.

[Link: remotecentral.com]
is a Thomson TV model 32VT65J
That funchion is on the Ch- hard button, so I assume it is Ch-
The frequency and timing are closer to recs80_68.irp (than that other file is), but still maybe not close enough to use the .irp file unmodified.

Both of those are modulated RECS80, which is probably good news for any program with only a partial understanding of Pronto Hex.

Last edited by johnsfine on April 7, 2008 13:45.

Hosting Services by ipHouse