The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday December 12, 2006 at 08:41
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On December 11, 2006 at 22:20, Jason Allan said...
I did some searching and found
threads indicating Sanyo TVs typically use NEC1 protocol,
device 56. Would it be the same for their projectors?

Looks unlikely.

I use DecodeCCF.exe and DecodeIR.dll to get such information from CCF files.

I looked in a few places (JP1, LIRC, Premise, etc.) for Sanyo projector info and the only ones I found were the CCF files at:

[Link: remotecentral.com]

There the Sanyo PLV-Z1 uses NEC1 protocol, device 48.206 and the Sanyo PLV-60HT seems to use a mix of Mitsubishi 71 and NEC1 48. I'm not sure I believe that mix (vs. commands being incorrect or mislabeled in the CCF file) but anyway the PLV-60HT must be different from the PLV-Z1 and both different from Sanyo TV's.

If Sanyo is rebranding whatever projector they get a good deal on for each model, then the above tells you nothing about the PLV-Z5. But if they're doing something more consistent then NEC1 device 48.206 has a good chance of working for you.

That Z1 has a strange power toggle command. It is a macro of NEC device 48 function 255 followed by NEC device 48.206 function 0. All the other functions are NEC1 device 48.206. If that turns out to be the code set for the Z5, you may need to do some experimentation to figure out what that macro is about (and whether some functions missing from the original remote require similar compound signals).

The menu button is function 28. That may be the easiest function to test (MakeHex to IrPanels to Universal browser) to find out if it is the right code set.

Last edited by johnsfine on December 12, 2006 08:57.

Hosting Services by ipHouse