Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 11, 2006 at 22:20
Jason Allan
Long Time Member
June 2002
Hi everyone,

I recent purchased a Sanyo PLV-Z5 projector and unfortunately the included remote doesn't have discrete codes for all of the inputs. The projector has two component inputs and two HDMI inputs but the remote just has a button for "component" and one for "HDMI" which toggle between the two inputs for each. So far I haven't been able to find anyone who's found discrete IR codes for these inputs.

I went through a similar issue recently with an AKAI plasma set that I bought. My MX-850 remote had a device for another model of AKAI plasma that sort of worked and someone here (I believe it was johnsfine) was able to tell me what IR codeset that device used so I was able to generate the full codeset using makehex and irpanels. I'd like to try the same thing with my Sanyo projector to see if I can find discrete codes for these inputs. The Z5 seems to use the same codeset as the Z4 so how can I find out what codeset the Z4 uses? I did some searching and found threads indicating Sanyo TVs typically use NEC1 protocol, device 56. Would it be the same for their projectors?

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse