The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday October 2, 2008 at 17:37
slover1011
Lurking Member
September 2008
Yeah, the mac setup is going well. I have written a ton of applescripts which I call via cgi web interface. The actual page was written using some examples I found which use an iphone frendly javascript library iui.jss. It makes for a very slick sliding interface (the only downside so far is that it shows the URL toolbar each time a remote function is pushed, something I can deal with for now). Applescripting allows for any kind of macro one could imagine. Plus the fact that one could also add X10 or other home automation as well. Another benefit is that it's presently a web interface, which means I could also control things from my laptop.

I took a few screendumps from my iphone but can't figure out how to attach them to the postings. I don't have access to a place where I could post an html link to the images unfortunately.

The mac is setup with an eyeTV 250 plus for recording, Plex for the media center control (including movie and TV scraping), and web server which allows me to log in via my phone. The events trigger the ir blaster to control the components.

Hosting Services by ipHouse