The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday February 1, 2009 at 08:58
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On November 9, 2008 at 14:17, johe said...
As i understand panasonic
uses REC80 or RECS80?

I don't know what "REC80" is. I also don't know the official name for the old Panasonic protocol. I don't recall any Panasonic devices using RECS80.

And it looks like the signal explained in this link.
[Link: users.telenet.be]

Except for one detail, that looks like the protocol I call "old Panasonic". Almost all examples of old Panasonic protocol I've seen have been modulated around 58Khz, but that link says it is 38Khz.

What did you mean by "looks like"? On a scope, lots of different IR protocols generally look the same. Did you check the carrier frequency? Did you count the bits? Did you check that the complement bits actually are complements of the corresponding earlier bits? That's a lot of work, so I'm not necessarily suggesting you do it. I just wanted to know whether you did in order to know how to trust your "looks like".

I don't think there are many Panasonic devices left that use that protocol. Most use Panasonic's version of Kaseikyo protocol.

When i tried to learn the signal in my pronto everything
seems ok, but the signal learned does not work.

As Jason said, post the Pronto Hex.
You might also retry learning with new batteries in the Panasonic remote.

Is there any one that knows if the pronto support this
code type.

A Pronto should have no trouble learning old Panasonic protocol at 38Khz or 58Khz or anywhere in that general range. It also should have no trouble learning Kaseikyo protocol or others that Panasonic uses.

Does any one know how to identify the siginal type or
make it work.

From a good picture of a scope capture I could identify it. From a good or even a fairly flawed Pronto Hex string from a learning attempt, I or many others here could identify it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse