Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Saturday September 15, 2007 at 17:19
Matthias
Lurking Member
September 2007
HDMI 3 discrete code for HL-T series
I purchased an HL-T5087S on July 1. I have been following the discussion on this website for a while and I have contacted Samsung US customer Service on this issue mutiple times. I have two open tickets with Samsung for months and I also spoke to a supervisor (Chris) who was also unable to resolve this issue but suggested to request resolution via a written request. So far, Samsung has not resolved this issue. All codes posted on this website do not work for the HDMI3 input on my TV, and others seem to have the same issue. It is entirely unclear to me why Samsung US Customer Service ignores this problem. If the problem is an unknown code, a resolution for US Customer Service could be as simple as sending an e-mail to the Samsung business unit which developed the new HL-T series TVs and request that the codes be sent. If the problem is a technical defect in the HL-T series, it will not simply go away by ignoring it. Quite to the contrary, the cost to Samsung will increase with increasing number of defective units sold.
So if you have the same issue, please send a written request to Samsung by going to the samsung.com website, go to the "contact us" link at the very bottom of the page, select DLP TV. Don't be irritated by the fact the the "model" pull-down menu on the next page will not even show any HL-T series models. I selected another model and specified in the body of my request which model I am talking about. And you need to be patient, Chris told me that the backlog is at least two weeks. Hopefully, if enough people report about this problem, Samsung US customer service will finally consider investigating it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse