The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Thursday July 5, 2007 at 19:01
brewtownska
Lurking Member
July 2007
First timer on this sort of question, so forgive me if I miss anything. I bought a Samsung DTB-H260F (HDTV tuner w/QAM) on Ebay. No remote, but I was ok with that seeing as I have a Harmony 676. After doing a channel scan on Cable (so it's using the QAM tuner), I picked up everything I know I can pick up in my area - except the Hi-Def version of PBS. I can get it on my Samsung SIR-T451, so I know it comes into my home without problem.

What I think the issue is is that physical channel 116 is where the PBS channel is, but my cable company recently added more QAM channels to physical channel 116. The first channel it finds it remaps to 0-518, but apparently the scan doesn't continue looking for more channels on physical channel 116. So it's like I can't get the tuner to pick up PBS.

I think if I had the ability to type in 116-1 or 116-2, I might be able to get it...but that's where my question starts. The Harmony doesn't have the code for the "-" (dash) key. I know it's on the original remote because I can see it in the manual. Since I don't have an original remote, I can't teach my Harmony. It sounds like if I can find a discrete code for it, I can email Harmony and have them add it for me. Any chance anyone on this board has that Samsung tuner and can find the discrete code for me?

Hosting Services by ipHouse