The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday February 7, 2009 at 12:59
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On February 6, 2009 at 13:19, galileo01 said...
I decoded a handful of codes and got Teac-K for the protocol

Post a few of those learned signals.

I don't recall where I've even seen samples of Teac-K and I'm sure I haven't seen many samples. I just checked my main library of IR signals in CCF files and there are no examples of Teac-K.

I found my IRP summary of the protocol inside the source code of DecodeIr.dll, which represents everything I deduced about Teac-K from whatever few samples I've seen. I just now translated that to the .irp file below and tested with MakeHex and pasted the results back into IrTool.exe and that works. But that only proves the C++ code in DecodeIr.dll matches the comments in the source code. It doesn't really prove I understood Teac-K from the samples I've seen.

If I missed by a lot, the signals from this .irp would decode the same as your signals but not work. If I missed by a little, they might decode the same and work, but not work as well (not extend correctly when you hold a button down, or not work as well as perfect signals when used from a bad angle or distance).

define M=67
define N=83
Device=0.4
Function=0..255
Frequency=37900
Time Base=432
Zero=1,-1
One=1,-3
Default S=0
Define X=M^N^(M:4:4)^(N:4:4)
Define T=D+(S:4)+(S:4:4)+(F:4)+(F:4:4)
Form=8,-4,M:8,N:8,X:4,D:4,S:8,F:8,T:8,1,-100;8,-8,1,-100

On February 7, 2009 at 12:39, makitamark said...
can this not be transferred into your makehex program??

Yes it could and it would be just like what I posted above, except for the small difference in frequency. I don't think the difference in frequency would have a detectable effect on behavior in ordinary use. I'm not sure why I thought the frequency was 37000 when I wrote the documentation you quoted, but I thought it was 37900 when I wrote the decoder. Various original remotes sending various kinds of Kaseikyo protocol have frequencies all over the 37K to 38K range.

On February 7, 2009 at 12:39, makitamark said...
however the Teac-K seems to have two parts
so making up an irp file isn't that straightforward.

That got a bit ugly using the .irp file syntax supported by older versions of MakeHex (see aiwa.irp). But years ago I modified MakeHex.exe to support the more flexible syntax I used in the .irp file quoted above. (The newer MakeHex.exe still supports the older ugly syntax as well).

On February 6, 2009 at 11:34, bmuirhead said...
Yes the pocket PC can learn signals.

Is there a way to look at those learned signals in hex.

I installed the pronto edit software to get a hex code
as you suggest but cant find the name listed for my samsung
receiver,

I don't understand enough of the interaction between the pocket PC and Pronto Edit to understand what you're saying.

For a real Pronto, you can transfer the configuration from the Pronto back to the PC after learning signals on the Pronto. Then you can use ProntoEdit to look at those learned signals in Hex.

If the device you're trying to control uses the same signals as the device Scott is trying to control, he's way ahead of you on learned signals, so you can just use his results.

Last edited by johnsfine on February 7, 2009 13:25.

Hosting Services by ipHouse