The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Saturday January 26, 2002 at 16:40
Thon
Founding Member
November 2001
Thanks for the installer perspective. I think you guys that use the internet and actually pay attention to this website are probably in the top tier of your profession and are to be commended. I have tried some of the things you mentioned, ie explaning business strategy and how various expenses acrue, with varying success. It seems that regardless of what I may tell installers there is a perception that the business owner is getting rich off all the installer's "hard work". In a small company I would bet that this is hardly ever the case. If you are working for a small company chances are whoever your working for is struggling to pay bills, get business etc. I left a high paying electrical engineering job to do this because I love it, not because I wanted to steal money from installers. I would say to you installers out there to take and active role in your company. If you do enjoy the work why not sit down with your boss and see if you can't map out a strategy that helps you both get where you want to be. It can be fun to learn the business end and you'll be able to track the progress and see when bonuses are available. If you are really in need of the cash or the company your working for just isn't cutting then by all means move on to another company. Keep up the good work, I'm sure it is appreciated much more than you know.
How hard can this be?

Hosting Services by ipHouse