Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday January 16, 2002 at 12:18
Jeff Wagner
Founding Member
January 2002
Hmmmm....

It seems to me that you are all putting way to much thought into this. I'll admit that when I owned my own install company I was forever trying to find ways to stop the madness, but then I was always underfunded.
Had I better money management skills I would have done what we do at my current company:

A flat, hourly wage (starts around $13/hour, depending on experience). Installers come in to the office every morning and punch in. They are paid from then till they return and punch out. To cover this we charge enough hourly from our installs, as well as a trip charge to cover the drive times to and from the site.

We have a regular raise schedule, plus full benefits. Truly ambitious installers can take (and pass) certification exams for bonuses, raises, and commission. Our guys work Monday-Friday and usually get 40+ hours per week.

BTW, I'm looking for a couple of relatively low experience installers to train in our system. We're adding 6 more stores this year and I'll be needing installers. Anyone interested? (This is in the Bay Area of California)

Call me at 510-477-3465 or email [email protected]

Jeff Wagner
Magnolia Hi-Fi
Custom Installation Manager-California

Hosting Services by ipHouse