The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 7, 2002 at 15:29
300GHZ-10X15HZ
Founding Member
March 2002
Dear fellow Tech heads, I’m trying to design a hybrid system. The proposal is to Control a Home Theater system with a PDA (client) using 80211.b Wi-Fi Lan, Connected to a server (host) which would be in a rack with the gear in a closet. The server would relay the commands sent from the PDA to a Zantech IR block via serial port to mini jack using Girder software and or Creston’s App builder to convert commands to IR. (Of course this would also allow a Broadband connection). I am learning XML right now so that the PDA can alias off the server. Or maybe use Windows CE and have it send XML back and forth with the host application on the main computer. And guess what? this is pretty tough to do! Why would do I want to subject my self to such a headache? I’m hoping for an alternative to run 400 feet of control wire through out a home and hope the IR frequency is strong enough to relay a consistent signal. Or spend 4 hrs fine-tuning a pronto to compensate for delays! So can any one help me out with this app. anyone…? “LEO” (hint! hint!) Anyone? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse