The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday March 10, 2002 at 17:50
Matt
Founding Member
August 2001
I've installed both the original dominet and the dominet 2. They are a great peice of gear, but they have several drawbacks. They are not a 'learning' style system, you have to enter the three digit code for your gear, and if they don't have your gear, be prepared to wait for it to be programmed. Usually they are the cutting edge of design also, there is a problem with this, bugs....the software had a bunch of bugs in it. And I don't really like 'all in one' boxes. If the video distribution goes out of it, you have to lose your entire system to get it repaired.

If you don't want to get as fancy as Tony suggests, albiet cool, then I'd recommend a different system than the dominet. Look at The Director by AudioControl, theress a great piece of gear,it is audio only, which I like. Then there is the standby AudioAccess, another great piece and recently made more flexible with the windows programming software.

Then there are the EAD's etc. Lots of choice these days in multi-zone, multi-source equipment...AIN'T IT GREAT!

Hosting Services by ipHouse