The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday March 23, 2002 at 15:15
malchus6
Founding Member
March 2002
I am a dealer for UStec, Future Smart, ONQ and Leviton, in the past I had Phast and others that have come and gone. I have relied on UStec as the main structured product for my company due to the reliability, ease of use and quality of performance. This system does not incorporate security, audio distribution or IR (at least very well), but I find that the flexibility of using a structure specialized in one or a few areas is the most reliable and future proof way to design a system. Be careful with Radio RA due to the lack of range on transmitions. 40ft apprx. Look into Vantage if you are looking for a whole house solution to lighting control. Also, ONQ is low quality in terms of upgrading the system to accomodate future formats in networking. They currently will only support 10/100 networks with no solid plan shown for gig networks. UStec will support gig now and have a new panel coming out with a Server built in with gig router, 80 gig HD and processing onboard for ease of use and installation. Seriously look into this. Their modules are broadcast quality and their QC is second to none.

Mike Sickels
Genesis Home Technologies
Portland, OR

Hosting Services by ipHouse