The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 22, 2002 at 16:58
Doco
Founding Member
March 2002
I "dabble" a little in wiring new homes with structured wiring systems. I also do whole house audio. I am currently building a new home and need some professional assistance.

I have installed systems such as Leviton Structured Media, Russound multi-room audio, and Lutron Spacer and RadioRA. I also know there are systems out there by OnQ, Phast, AMX and others that incorporate audio, video, and automation controls. My main questions are on pricing, reliability, dependibility and future stability on these later products.

1. Do any of you know of a competitively priced products that you would install in your own home?
2. Which systems have you installed that are completly reliable for continuous use by the consumer and allow some minor "tweaking" by the consumer?
3. In your experience of installing and service on these types of systems are there any you would not recommend?
4. I know AMX is supposidly phasing out PHAST Landmark systems, but is their any system that you would recommend that is fairly current in workings and can be easily upgraded to accomodate future expansion?

Again, I can piece the systems together that I have worked with in the past, but I am trying to minimize future problems of 1 system not working with a current or future need. Your input on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse