The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday May 29, 2002 at 21:52
build4u
Founding Member
March 2002
I have posted regarding this problem before but didnt get much info back. I'll try to explain again what my problem is.
I have 2 Elan 630's and 2 SpeakerCraft BB835 amps. I am having aproblem with the 12V tigger to turn on the amps.
One amp works fine with the trigger and turns on and off when the 630 is on or off. The other amp switches on but never switches off again. I hae tried all possable combinations with the same problem. I have tried to trigger the amp on and off using a 12v battery and it works fine. When the amp is hooked up to the 630 and I turn on the 630, te amp turns on. Then I turn off the 630 and the amp will NOT turn off. I have the switch set to 12V trigger. When I remove the mini plug from eather the 630, or the amp the amp turns off but if I plug it back in the amp will turn back on. If I leave the plug out for few seconds, the amp will not turn back on. When I remove the mini plug, I do hear a small crack sound coming from the speakers. Not loud or anything just faint.

I could remove the amp and return it to the dealer for a new one and he is fine with that but I am trying to save the hassle of removing the amp from the rack first.

I could realy use some help with this one if anyone has any thoughts I would be greatfull.

Hosting Services by ipHouse