The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Thursday June 20, 2002 at 23:37
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
I'm far from an expert, please do correct me if I'm wrong but baseband video (composite) runs around the area of 5MHz or less, right? While digital cable can reach upwards of 800Mhz. A tilt compensator is designed for equalizing those RF frequencies for TV channels....not composite video signals. What you'd need to send composite (Baseband) is something such as a distribution amp, mentioned above as the Elan I believe. If you're not sending a modulated RF signal, a tilt compensator is completely out of the picture. For Baseband only, I'd use a stranded RG59. Impedance wise, even professional BNC's have been 50 ohms for years, HD component and the new serial digital equipment is requiring 75 ohm termination and cable. HD signals themselves are still in the ballpark of 25MHz Alot of cables out there perform poorly at these lower frequencies. I'd only use RG-6 if you plan on changing things in the future to distribute modulated signals or Satellite IF signals. And as for the Audio, use a high quality shielded audio cable, the lower the impedance, the better.

Hosting Services by ipHouse