The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday June 21, 2002 at 18:13
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
I seldom use the Kenwood's remote, but it is an RF and IR remote(at least it is with the 5700), it's just kind of low-tech looking. I do have the antenna hooked up though so it can use the RF, but since it's only the heart of my theater and nothing else, the RF capability isn't needed on either remote, really. I have an Xantech IR repeater system that I use because the rack is located to the side of the seating, and instead of pointing the remote at the rack I just put a IR target up in the sofit above the screen and use a blaster emitter above my projector, aimed at the rack. It does however do both simultaneously. But for the price of a Pronto, it's much cooler looking.

That's what I'd like, Brooksinc, the 2-way, the Sovereign and Entre system are designed like that, but unless I use 2-way IR repeating, or have the remote pointed at my rack the whole time, it doesn't work right. How does that work with the Sovereign though? My RS-232 port is tied up to the Entre. Go IR? Has anyone ever had experience with this setup with the whole Sovereign lineup? When I bought everything, I was told by the sales rep at Audio King that this system is infinitely flexible and could do just about everything I want. Having spent a good chunk of change on it(for me), is this still the case?

Sounds like a Crestron system is gonna cost me another big chunk of change too. I wasn't expecting it to be cheap though. Also Wireless is not that big of an issue, if going wired would save me more, that's great.

Thanks guys(or gals)
~~Adam

Hosting Services by ipHouse