The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday June 21, 2002 at 01:38
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
No, Pro Audio is definitely the way to go. TSV has the right idea, get something with a reliability guarantee like a crown amp. I run carvin in both my DJ rigs, my garage, and my bass shakers. Carvin is for me, bulletproof....I'm a carvin fanatic. Crown though does offer a 3 year no-fault warranty. I'd seriously look into one of their contractor series of install amps. They're a bit pricey, Carvin is much more reasonably priced. Your application will probably determine what type of system you need though. If you're designing a system to distribute the same source to many speakers (like background music, occasionally interrupted by paging) then a 70 volt distributed system is the right way to go. You can adjust speaker volumes independently at the speakers themselves, for quieter or louder areas. However if you want seperate signals to seperate zones (different music in different areas) then a multi channel amp system is better and more cost efficient. In a restaunt, a 70 volt system makes much more sense. I'd set up a system with Crown amplification and a US Audio MPM1. Carvin amplification would lower the cost by about $1,000 and they're excellent power amps. The US Audio MPM1 is a great mixer for most restauant applications. It lets you mix or select from various essential line inputs, plus has priority facilities for a paging mic with music ducking. A multi channel amp will start giving you problems in the signal routing area for paging and such.

Hosting Services by ipHouse