Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday April 15, 2002 at 11:57
Dave Goodfellow
Founding Member
March 2002
Dire1973?

The Bellogoti stand I just looked at looks good, not ready to replace mine just yet. Unfortunately my stand doesn't allow the cables to run down the legs, they just hang down the back. Can you really fit everything down the legs, plus the spare. Don't tell me you custom make every Phono/Scart lead the right length. Coax and Power I could believe but not all of them.

Have used blanking plates for aerial sockets etc.
One TV Downlead
One TV Return
One FM Radio
One Sky (no socket) just a hole. The sky guys recommend not breaking the downlead cable for digital, anyone done it? All through one blanking plate. Telephone in adjacent box. Dremel is just the thing, what did I do before it?

Just looking for some ideas to hide the spaghetti linking device to device. You can get a couple of ready made cable routing solutions for this sort of thing but most of them are either horrible to look at or too small for the amount cables in a full system.
Would also like to separate power/coax/phono cables.

I am wondering about making a wooden cabinet to fix to the wall with a slot at the level of each shelf to run cables to each box. Have three channels in the box to separate Power/Coax/Phono. Then install all the cables with the relevant slack to connect to the device. Place stand against wall/cabinet and connect each device up.

This would look neat but would have to plug in devices semi-blind. Would have to disconnect all devices to move the rack or run new cables. Not the end of the world.

In PC racks you can get hinge mechanisms to allow the PCs to pulled out and slid back without pulling the cables out. Dell version allows it 15 times and then the power cable pulls out, don't think this is a feature though?

Just wondered if someone made good quality items like this to save me spending time cutting/sanding/jointing/varnishing to make a custom product.

Thanks for the pointers, anyone else got anymore?

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse