The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday June 9, 2002 at 22:28
Sheik_Yerbouhti
Founding Member
April 2002
Kabster, I agree with you on the consumer grade plasmas, my point (and hope) is that consumers shopping for new displays will start (literally) thinking outside the box. There used to be NO choice; you had a large cardboard box delivered, uncrated it and devoted a large portion of your room to the contents thereof. Your furniture was purchased with that scenario in mind, and then carefully arranged around the video altar.

Front projection and flat displays will begin (more than they do now) to replace "the big cardboard box". This will drive the industry and raise the bar on quality. If you think about it there are much less raw materials in either of the two forementioned solutions; right now we're paying for the R & D. When the masses are viewing the same quality we now know as "pro plasma", and at "TV" prices, then the pro grade plasmas will be even better and more reasonably priced.

By the time I get through procrastinating on plasma I'll probably have a different house, purchased with front projection in mind.

Now that the software gurus have given you a reason to exist, you grunts get out there and install that hardware. Which came first? The platform or the O/S?
You are transparent! I see many things;
I see plans within plans. The Spice must flow!

Hosting Services by ipHouse