The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday June 7, 2002 at 13:03
Sheik_Yerbouhti
Founding Member
April 2002
cmack: I think the great advice comes from Keith and MattWebb. If you can just use some other opaque material to diffuse or "filter" the interference from the plasma then my DIY hat is off to you. All kinds of opaque plastics in familiar forms come to mind: film containers, plastic caps that come on computer cables and fibre optic cables, lids from food containers, and the aforementioned, TAPE!(Comes with it's own adhesive.)

Not that there's anything wrong with plopping down the money for a known product; just buy a device and pass the savings along to the customer ;-p

"Just wondering if I should expect problems with the emitters."

Since this is a problem related to Plasmas I would say this is going to be a case by case situation. I haven't seen anyone offering a filter or "magic widget" for a problem with emitters; YOU KNOW if they thought you'd buy it they'd have underaged child labor in third world countries producing these as we speak. If the cure is not on the market the problem may not exist.

As far as the sensor goes, it sounds like a "line of sight" problem, so proximity of the sensor to the Plasma will probably be the determining factor. Bear in mind Keith mentioned florescent lighting and there's the direct sunlight problem to consider too, so a sensor filter put in place to solve one issue might have multiple benefits as a side effect.

Anyone have any input on how far this interference radiates?

I must tell you I have NO experience with Plasma. I have the need for one in my den, but I'm procrastinating over the purchase while the price keeps getting closer to what I'm willing to pay. (Early Adopters: Thanks in advance for funding research to iron out all the problems before I buy.)

You are transparent! I see many things;
I see plans within plans. The Spice must flow!

Hosting Services by ipHouse