The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday May 28, 2002 at 14:35
chappy
Founding Member
May 2002
I’ve been waiting for this product (MX-700) to come out since November of 2001! I must say it was well worth the wait. I have used it to completely program my personal HT system over the weekend and will use it for my clients as well.

1.Power on commands for my Sony ES receiver didn’t learn at first. Then I turned of Auto Power. That fixed the power not learning. My biggest problem is that the Sony ES receiver has a 2-way remote that doesn’t work with anything except it’s own remote. Most commands did learn, but the only sound fields I could program were Cinema B and 2-Channel.
2.Some devices are listed by the remote name and others by the device title.
3.Limited downloads available for devices. This should improve with time.
4.No .mxd downloads (yet) on Remote Central. Please! Please!! Please!!!
5.Could use a Record hard button on next rev for PVR’s.
6.The On and Off buttons should be on the punch-through page as well. I kept shutting down individual components when I really needed to go the main menu, then to Off.
7.No real need for the Side Kick but will see how it goes with clients. Could make it a simple remote for another room like the Bedroom by hiding the pages on the main remote. Humm?
8.Must order 3 units to get a programming cable. Needs to be one in each package.
9.Much easier to program than any other software I’ve used.
10.W.A.F. is very high because it’s so easy to train anyone to use it.
11.Need more discrete commands!!
12.For jobs, I highly recommend learning each and every remote completely before starting to program your project as most devices will not be on the site yet.

All in all I give it a 9 (out of 10)! Thanks for delivering a product that works the first time!! No owners manual needed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse