Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Thursday July 11, 2002 at 08:58
Fred Harding
October 2001
Sounds like you may also wish to explore adding an external video processor to improve the picture quality. The model you cited is in the Broadcast division (I believe. Don't kill me if I'm wrong); it was designed to deliver swell static images, like power point presentations, etc. The deal is that the unit just isn't made for full motion video, and so the fuzziness you are experiencing doesn't surprise me. By placing a processor before the input on the plasma, you should be able to improve the picture. One way would be to take all you a/v devices, run them through the Onkyo for ease of switching, and then running it through a processor. I really, really like the Faroudja piece, the native rate series. (Note that the native rate is matched specifically to the native rate resolution of the display device). The output of the processor then feeds into the computer input on the display device. This bypasses any of the low grade scalers, doublers, or what have you that the manufacturer puts in the display device.

Does it work?

Stop by the Faroudja booth at CEDIA in Minneapolis. They'll make you a believer.

By the way, CEDIA's web site has a link to amazon to by the AVIA disc for about $10 less then my local Suncoast Video had it for. You must use one of these to callibrate a display device like a plasma. That's why you're getting the big bucks.
On the West Coast of Wisconsin

Hosting Services by ipHouse