The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday July 13, 2002 at 16:30
Sheik_Yerbouhti
Founding Member
April 2002
Cold, there's no direct comparison between Furman's Balanced Power Conditioning series and Surge-X. Apples and Lemons are both fruit, but I never zested an Apple over Ceviche. I reckon you'd have to weigh out the likelyhood of which disaster or adverse effect you most needed to head off in order to make an "either/or" purchase decision, and BOTH could conceivably be the answer. If the bottom line is protection then it's Surge-X. (Keyword: Surge) They don't have any sacrificial components, and I think that's the bomb. I also totally eat their propaganda against MOV's.(Although I'm not a jen-U-wine "lightnin' bug".) Still, there is no shame in owning Furman, when the huddled masses are using ZILCH®!

I'm using all MA product, and the Trim Strips keep Mom's happy. I used their shelves, fascias, and storage components (Yes Scarlet, EVEN part# LP), the fit and finish are unrivaled. (Unless there's some tweeker machining one-off fascias to his own specs out of billet aluminum, and attaching them to anti-resonant, isolated shelving of his own dementia.) The cost for the RSH for my NHT sub amp wasn't too terribly much more than NHT's horrible price for the rack ears, and the end result looks nicer than ears.

This message was edited by Sheik_Yerbouhti on 07/15/02 03:09.27.
You are transparent! I see many things;
I see plans within plans. The Spice must flow!

Hosting Services by ipHouse