Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday July 13, 2002 at 13:29
Sheik_Yerbouhti
Founding Member
April 2002
On 07/13/02 10:00.00, Matt said...
Yeah, the AXS system is superior to the SRS, but
also costs a whole lot more.

I'd have to agree with the general consensus on the AXS.
I was looking through the prism of my own install when I said:

"For a straight shot I think this is the nicest
I'VE SEEN. (IMHO)" <-- (REFERRING TO THE SRS.)

In my situation I was doing side by side bays in a 36" high alcove, so the SRS seemed like the optimum fit, AND it was easily feasible to arrange the equipment so that the heavier pieces were shared by both bays, so weight wasn't the factor either. My two heaviest components weighed 61 and 35lbs. respectively, so I was not even close to going over the 600lb. combined capacity of the bays.

If someone were doing an install where the customer might expand later it'd be in the best interest of all parties to use AXS, especially if it was a tall, single bay install. AXS is definitely the beef.

On 07/12/02 20:51.51, John Pechulis said...
Nothing but AXS racks are proposed in our designs
requiring pull-out serviceability.

John, I understand your reasoning, but if a client drew you a sketch and said my carpenter is building me an in-wall cabinet, and I want the finished product to look like this, I imagine you'd just sharpen your pencil and work with it.

BTW, in the end I was able to gain rear access, so I just installed rack rails. The difference in price was then sqandered, to prevent other funds from being squandered.

Matt: The SRS series racks both have a max cap. of 300lbs, but the SRSR yields 4 additional U's of rackspace.
You are transparent! I see many things;
I see plans within plans. The Spice must flow!

Hosting Services by ipHouse