The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Tuesday June 25, 2002 at 05:15
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
I haven't actually tried my system in stereo, It would be easy to do, but my in-ground speakers aren't set up for any kind of imaging. They're just placed around my patio in various spots and I run my amp in parallel so that both channels output the same signal. I honestly don't know if stereo imaging outdoors would work, or not. Thinking about it though, if I set up 4 speakers, around a pool let's say....facing north, you put left and right, accordingly. If you arranged the ones facing the south the same way, then you'd have both right speakers to the east and both left's to the west. As soon as you face south, your imaging is backwards, facing east, it's all right signals....facing west...it's all left. That just doesn't seem like "Imaging" to me. With my system, or any mono system. I'm not interested in imaging, I'm more interested in not missing the sound coming from ONLY one side because of the recording itself, because the speaker is either facing away from me, or too far away to be heard properly. That's why "I" use a mono system. The same reason why I and most other DJ's use a mono rig, because if someone's over by the left speaker, they should hear exactly the same thing as they would over by the right. My system consists of 8 TIC in ground Mini Omni speakers running off of a Carvin DCM1000 power amp, @ 2ohm/channel stereo output, paralleled inputs. Sounds good, looks invisible. And wasn't very expensive either

Hosting Services by ipHouse