The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 24, 2002 at 18:01
QHC
Long Time Member
July 2002
Here's the situation. IR/RF Pyramids send the IR to components behind doors, and Rear Projection TV built into wall in the main room, and a receiver in the Master bedroom to control the components from there. TV in master gets signal through a modulator on UHF ch50. Another Pyramid receiver in the office, just two rooms away to control the same equipment. They've been working for several years. Also about 10 x-10 devices, 6 in main room and the rest throughout the house. No problems with the x-10 devices.

There's been a few changes since the original installation. 802.11b wireless installed to run a notebook and a pc attached to the big screen, and a wireless keyboard, and a 2.4GHz phone added.

Problem One:
IR is now unreliable in the main room. Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes some codes get dropped when running the startup macro (pretty long, on a Pronto TS1000, mainly to get the Denon, with no descretes, and the digital cable box up)

Problem Two:
IR/RF Pyramid in the office two rooms away will not work unless plugged into just certain wall outlets. Will not work on any outlets in the office, and only some in the main room. I have no clue with this one unless the x-10 has a dirty device somewhere flooding the line so that the receiver only works on certain circuits.

Seemed, at first, it was just a weak signal at the components, but why now? I have tried two different sets of pyramids, same results.

Can the wireless network, or 2.4 phone effect the RF of the Pyramids? Also, it's not like it quit working as soon as the wireless network or phone was installed, it was some weeks later.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks in advance. BYW I'm not a professional installer, just a nut that likes all this stuff.
Q

Hosting Services by ipHouse