The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday August 3, 2002 at 07:57
kevin webb
Lurking Member
August 2002
The abit au10 is an inexpensive sound card (£34 inc)that comes with an i/r remote. The remote is provided to control windvd software but it just pokes about a dozen different various keyboard values into the pc, e.g. lef/right arrows, via the ps2 keyboard socket, as the keys are pressed.
Has anyone investigated the possibilities of this device? I expect to set up my existing pronto to duplicate the i/r signals from the remote but i wonder whether the i/r receiver uses some generic chip and would deal with other keyboard keys that are not on the remote?
I use a vhf modulator (£25) to add my pc's sound to the fm channels distributed aound my existing house aerial system so i can play my mp3's at any or all of the 5 radios in the house that is connected to the aerials.
I'm thinking of adding my pc's video card out put via a uhf modulator (£30) to the tv channels distributed around the house. I should be able to tune into my pc screen in my lounge/bedroom and use the pronto and abit i/r receiver (together with an i/r repeater device or 2) to control my pc and queue up mp3's etc.
Anybody got any thoughts on this cheap project?

Hosting Services by ipHouse