The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday August 8, 2002 at 03:41
Keith @ Mr. Hookup
Founding Member
May 2002
We saw some slowing in July, but have turned down over a 100K worth of business already in August (unable to meet timeframes required by the projects). It seems like people got a little nervous in July with all of the problems with the stock market, then got tired of waiting and decided to go for it in spite of the market. We are now unable to accept any new work until late September. I think when people get nervous about the economy, they have a "wait and see" attitute until things look better or they get tired of waiting.

It would have been nice if it wasn't so spuratic. In July I would have been able to take on the work, but now everybody wants it at the same time and I can't do it. Some of the deals I expected to close in July are comming in now, along with the new ones that we were expecting in August. I am reluctant to commit to additional techs with the possiblity of having to lay them off later. Meanwhile I am making some other installation companies very happy with free referals.
I expect to give away $150 to $175K worth of work in the next four to six weeks. It makes me sick to think about it, but I guess it's better than being slow.

Hosting Services by ipHouse