The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday August 31, 2002 at 02:19
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I have used the Denon 3802 in several two-zone systems and they work flawlessly. The best situation is where you are programming a Pronto or the like, so there is absolutely no muss or fuss about how to control "amp" or "multi," to use Denon's terms.

Echoslob, why would you use the SI-275? If you set up the Denon for five channels, the two channels that could be for a second set of surrounds (yawn) can be used as the second zone amp. That is what I have done and it works.

Yes, you want to sell control with this stuff! I have two Denon 3802 clients who just use the remote, and they have mastered the AMP, TUNER, MULTI jazz, but that is NOT everybody's cup of tea.

One of you guys said you can turn on just one of the Denon's zones. I don't see how that is possible...but the only problem would be if you left, say, the main zone blasting on FM, turned off the system, then turned the system back on from the second zone controller. The FM would blast away in the main zone. Again, the solution here is the controller. I have main and second zones switch to Video Aux (front panel in, never used) during the shutdown macro, so whichever zone you use to turn the beast on, the other zone is silent.

You can also use Video Aux as a "silence this zone" control so that you can turn off the zone you are in without killing the other zone. It really irritates the guy watching some dramatic scene on the DVD when the kid at the pool turns off the whole system, including the DVD signal processing, thus interrupting the movie.

This method of two zone control and safeguard was figured out back when the Yamaha RX-V2095 was the preferred beast. There was no good substitute till the Denon 3802 (and 5802 etc) came out. Keep in mind that I have always hated Denon because their remote controls, with the little slide switches, were just too stupid to live. I still do not like much of the way the front panel works, but at least their new remotes can be figured out now!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse