The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday August 31, 2002 at 02:13
John Pechulis
Loyal Member
July 2001
Echo, I completely understand what you are trying to do, and sounds like it would work well.

The way the whole Multi-room issue is implemented really depends on the end user. Don't lose or break the remote your using to control it though, cause I doubt the client would know how to initiate the 2nd zone audio without it.

From experience, we've found it best to have an EASY backup way of controlling the 2nd zone in the event the main control went down for some reason, or GOT LOST. LOL (it does happen).

Trust me when I say this, as an installer, you don't want to get a call at 6pm from a client who is panicing because their main control system went down, and they have a huge cocktail party at 8pm and HAVE to have it up and running for this party.

That's why we are a big fan of an in-wall control system (aka keypad, touchscreen), for use with a secondary audio zone. Can't get lost, and if it does take a crap for some reason, the client CAN EASILY turn on and control the 2nd zone audio system from the equipment itself in an "emergency" situation.

JMHO,

JJP

This message was edited by John Pechulis on 08/31/02 02:19.08.

Hosting Services by ipHouse