The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday September 11, 2002 at 11:38
DanKurts
Founding Member
June 2001
I use the Sadelco 800CLI. Have used their products for years, very bulletproof. And when I had technical questions, they're willing to take the time to talk. The meter is great for setting up HD antennas, and once you've done some installs, you'll find it invaluable. Sells for about $1500, and worth every cent.
[Link: sadelco.com]
For satellites, I use the Applied Instruments 9520
[Link: appliedin.com]
and the Channel Master 1006IFD dual meter setup.
[Link: cmnc.com]
Why two? Well, for years I just used the Channel Master, but found it frustrating when you couldn't identify which satellite you were looking at. There are 3 places in the sky, here in the NW, where both A&B meters will sing out, but only one is right, obviously. The 9520 identifies and gives real level readings as well as IRD readings. It's lousy for lining up dishes, as it has a silly beep that's way too slow. The Chanel Master has a constant tone that rises with signal strength. I hook up both A & B LNBs to the Channel Master, and the other A lead to the 9520 for ID and level. It's great with both, very fast, and you can tweak the dish for max B level, as it's usually weaker than A. It also identifies many other satellites, if you want to set other types.
Send me an e-mail and I'll give you my phone number, glad to give you info on them and others. Also set up some stores in your area, familiar with the reception.
Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse