The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Friday September 20, 2002 at 18:44
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
Props to all in our industry! It is tough enough to do this job with a smile on your face everyday, only to have a wealthy customer 'cheap' out at the last minute leaving us to re-engineer a system on the fly and then complain about the price. I agree with all of you that we are underpaid/valued by the end user. If that isnt bad enough we ALL have pressure because of the "Voltage Village" guys out there to lower prices and compete. Well no longer at our company, if it isnt a protected line we dont carry it. I will not be pushed around by any customer to compete. I have been behind numerous Tweeter installs(God help us all!)and I have a question for those guys; How do you get Dolby Digital/DTS to pass through analog stereo outputs on a DVD player? Its bad enough that you guys are trying to sell 'custom systems' to the uneducated consumer, with 6 weeks of training (because we all know that it only takes 6 weeks to become an expert in this field) but now you want to install. I would really like to know if anyone can pass digital signals over analog rca outputs as this would be an amazing feat. Sorry fellow posters, I am just sick and tired of national chain stores lying to and cheating customers for the a buck. By the way, it isnt really old school but does anyone remember Soundstream(scream) and all the nightmares that came with it?
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse