Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Sunday September 22, 2002 at 23:59
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Hector: YES YES YES YES ! ! !

as for everybody else, first, where the hell are you doing your research? A google search for the word "prosumer" gives ten pages of responses.

Moving on, WOW what a bunch of responses we have here.

Did ANYONE ever think Carl was looking for an installer? He was plain and up front about that. I never thought so, and do not understand that comment.

Now, we have one guy calling Carl disengenuous, and Carl being offended but spelling it right. We have Carl saying he is a "prosumer," which is a type of a consumer, but Carl later says "I am also resourceful enough to know how to use a business license and tax ID to buy from whomever I need to." Gee, Carl, maybe you should look up the words "consumer" and "disingenuous."

Matt is not too worried because it's not like anybody told him where to get Marantz or Sony wholesale. Matt, did you check out the link that was given to him, that shows Sony and JVC in their line card? Are you upset now?

Contrary to opinions I have seen above, I am actually a guy who will offer help to a confused soul at Home Depot or Lowes, and I really do want others to know what this stuff is about. I am actually secure that what I know how to do and at what level will keep me in business and doing well. I am not jealous of the information.

Years ago, my wife and I had a children's bookshop. A customer came in looking at a couple of books that we had in Russian. In the course of conversation, I mentioned the part of town that we got the books at. Later, my wife told me I was an idiot for sharing a source with a client.
She was right. If you share your sources with clients, you are an idiot too. Okay, go be an idiot. But the problem I have is that if you share your sources with people on this site, you may be sharing my sources with my clients, and all I can do is ask you to stop. Or call you an idiot, which hardly ever helps. We'll just have to see what the responses are.

Ernie

P.S. Larry says he marks up items by 20%. ZoneOne is quite explicit about his very high costs. Larry, don't forget that if you give someone in your neighborhood the power to save 20%, you may be giving somebody in ZoneOne's neighborhood, Manhattan, or my neighborhood, Beverly Hills, the power to save up to 50% on parts. And save it by keeping it from us. THAT PROFIT IS NOT A RIPOFF BECAUSE OF THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS IN THESE AREAS.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse