The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday September 22, 2002 at 22:37
Shoe
Founding Member
August 2001
Last post for today. Carl, I did a search on the word prosumer. Could not find it anywhere. It seemed to me you were labeling yourself a professional. A customer would likely be termed a consumer. Being in the restaurant IT business is not the custom installation of audio/video or homrautomation equipment. As a former voice/data tech/designer I cannot say I was a custom installation tech at that time. My post simply asked how professionals felt about divulging profesional resources. I was not the only one who felt you might have been misqualifying yourself. I respect anyone who becomes expert at programming a Pronto and I realize you have more than passing knowledge installation. All the professionals on this site can do anything they want with there professional acumen they spent plenty of time(which is an irreplacwable resource) and sweat accumulating. I never said not to. I just raised a professional issue and questioned the meaning of prosumer(try finding it let alone the common meaning) and caught alot of shit from rank amateurs and pros alike. So what. I enjoy good relationships with colleages, competitors and customers and I love this business. I just didn't realize some of you would lose it because I don't necesarily have a popular point of view
You can get the items you mentioned at the depot and good luck with your project.

This message was edited by Shoe on 09/22/02 23:06.59.

Hosting Services by ipHouse