The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday September 22, 2002 at 15:28
Shoe
Founding Member
August 2001
Carl, It was not only your post that prompted my thread but other posts as well. You did label yourself a "prosumer" and that does not "sound" like a consumer though you obviously are. A do it yourself person can get what you need at Home Depot. As an IT pro you have acess to vendors that can supply your needs. The connectors are at Home Depot so except for some technical guidance what else is there. This is a place for professionals presumably to help each other. Some may choose to help somebody who isn't a pro but why should I tell you everything you need to cut out a retailer. Consumer's are how professionals make living. I think labeling yourself a prosumer is disengenuous. I do not consider you a threat but I appreciate people who don't purport themselves to be something they are not. If it wasn't to bypass a legitamate retailer what was the purpose of your post?
I am not here to tell people what is right or wrong but I hope to enlighten other professionals on this site that sometimes helping a "prosumer" may take some elses customer away. BTW, I had never heard of Fry's until your post. Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Maybe I can save 2 cents and pull my business from a trusted vendor.....NOT
Ernie, thanks for the response. I hope other pros will respond to this thread as well as this is a question posed to professionals

This message was edited by Shoe on 09/22/02 15:48.08.

Hosting Services by ipHouse