The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday September 16, 2002 at 03:20
Keith @ Mr. Hookup
Founding Member
May 2002
Thanks for your help, guys. I'll check out the projectors you've suggested. Actually, it isn't so much the black and white programming that concerned me, it's the cable broadcasts that look like the sharpness and contrast are poor when reproduced on an HD-ready TV. It is likely the A to D chips that are too slow to translate the programming. I particularly notice the problem with shows that have been over processed-- you know, maybe they have been converted from A to D, back to A, then back to D, then back to A. Some of the information gets lost in the process and it looks like crap. It's like watching video on a computer. It looks okay on certain programming, such as a DVD, but looks very bad on other programming. I haven't yet seen an HDTV-ready television that looks as good on NTSC as an NTSC-only set. Am I just not getting around enough or am I right? Does anyone know why no one seems to be able to produce such a set? My theory is that the A to D and D to A converters just aren't fast enough yet. Anyone know the real story?

Just Wondering,

Keith

Keith

Hosting Services by ipHouse