The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday October 1, 2002 at 07:28
Jay In Chicago
Founding Member
December 2001
Unfortunately, that's the cost of doing business. Up here I had much the Same Ideas without the security. We have always played by the book, Fully licensed electrical contractors, with commercial space, etc., to comply with local business code. And even being small potatoes, it will cost 100,000+ in various costs for one or two men to operate effectively ... that's without paying them. This is all offset by growing, but that's a tough nut to crack. Most people can't deal with it. I do pretty well being poor. lol Seriously though. Don't underestimate your operating expenses.

I know a lot of great guys who would be doing very well if it were not for taxes, , insurance, regulation, and general operating expense; moreover, I know a lot of people who ARE doing very well that are not playing by the rules. It generally catches up with them, or they find it difficult to grow beyond a certain point. Anyway, good luck.
If you have a spare 5 years, have saved (not loans) up a bunch of money, are really good at what you do, and people love it. Then go for it. Oh yeah. Be prepared to work 80 hours a week, and pay yourself half of whatever ... or less, than what you were making before you decided to do this... Oh and that's a salary. That doesn't mean twice as long equals better pay.

I know things can go better than decried here, but these results are typical. You have to be able to ride a lot of storms. I know people will say I'm trying to keep people out of the business. I'm not. There can be a lot more in it. It would be great, but anybody in the business, whether playing al the rules or not.. They realize he major expense of doing business. Just be prepared to expense your shoelaces (uniform) if need be.
Jet Rack ... It's what's for breakfast

Hosting Services by ipHouse