The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 4, 2002 at 17:17
McNasty
Founding Member
January 2002
O.k., I just istalled my 1st ZR-4630 today and I love it, but I have a problem teaching the unit IR commands. I'll go through my steps and please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

1st I pressed and help Program for 2 seconds and Enter IR, Program, and Source 2 LED's lit up, also Power or Discrete "On" LED blinks

Then I pointed my Source 2 Factory remote (Sony CD remote) at the IR sensor window and pressed the Power button on the remote

Now, as long as I hold the button, the Enter IR LED stays off, as soon as I let go of the remotes button it goes back on. I never does the single blink, and it never learns the IR. I've tried the test button and it doesn't send anything.
I have tried varying my distance from the IR sensor window anywhere from 2 inches to 4 feet and it does the same thing. I have also tried sending it various codes from 3 different remotes from 3 different manufacturers and still the same thing.

Am I doing something wrong? Or could the unit be acting up? Any help or ideas would be awesome since I have to go back to my clients house on Tuesday to finish it up. I hope I'm doing soething wrong because its a tight fit and won't be fun to swap out.

Steve

Hosting Services by ipHouse