Post 7 made on Monday October 7, 2002 at 20:54
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
I posted this a while back:

Dundas, check out:
[Link: remotecentral.com]

And, to quote from that thread:
"I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I've recommended this to someone else here. Sears carries a device that senses current draw and switches on plugged-in equipment. It is called the Craftsman Autoswitch, Sears part # 00924031000. It's normally used to switch on a shop vac when a saw or other tool is turned on.

"The only concern is that the receiver... " (or in your case, Dundas, the TV) "...alone doesn't draw enough current to activate the device, so you may need to plug a power strip into it, so more than just the receiver draws from the sensing outlet."

I use one to power on my Sunfire Stereo and Sunfire Cinema Grand amps when I turn on my system. My preamp wasn't enough of a load to trigger the switch by itself when turned on, so your TV's "tricle current" won't be a problem, but hopefully your TV will use enough current when turned on to trip the switch.

Dundas, go to:
[Link: sears.com] to see the item.

If that doesn't work, go to:
[Link: sears.com]
and type (or copy'n'paste) this number: 00924031000
into the search window, and click on 'GO'. Then, click on the item name for a better description.
They are usually in stock at your nearby Sears, so you don't have to buy online.

Larry
www.fineelectricco.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse