The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday October 13, 2002 at 23:59
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
If you're new to the forum, I'm not a professional installer, and make it very clear. But I'm more than the average DIYer, and once in a while I have good ideas. I'm going to agree with Matt, and disagree with Ernie. In the gazebo, I'd definitely go with Mono, since your stereo imaging will be shot to hell if you face 2 of the 4 directions, and be even worse if facing a particular single speaker. Facing a Left speaker will cause Right channel sound to be heard on both your right AND left. And vice versa for a Right channel speaker. Use a Monogizer volume control and 4 speakers OR a bridgeable amp and a mono volume control. This is primarily why it's a second zone system. If stereo imaging and sound quality were important, you'd probably use 2 high quality speakers, not ones in plastic cases, and a dedicated system to drive them. It's a background system which will probably be used for ambience. If stereo imaging is important, then just use 2 speakers. The advantage of mono sound in an environment where the listeners may not always be facing the intended direction, is that they will always hear the whole sound, not just what's recorded on the channel of the speaker that they're near. Depending on the size of the gazebo too, you may want to stick to 2 speakers.

Hosting Services by ipHouse