The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday November 2, 2002 at 14:02
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Yup, the way around this is to set all of the inputs to AUTO. That also will give you audio on, say, your DVD whether it has dts, Dolby Digital, or somehow no digital surround at all.

Whoops: maybe if the Yamaha is in AUTO and you hit the input button more than once, it will switch out of AUTO. I can't remember that detail. BUT --

Before that had occurred to me, the clumsy but effective way that I got around this when programming Prontos was to add a VID AUX command (VID AUX is never used in my systems)and a short delay before the input command that I wanted. Otherwise, the client could accidentally go from DVD to home and back to DVD, thereby changin the audio mode.

One thing to look at -- does the audio mode ALWAYS change when you are on an input and you hit that button again, or would it not change if you had waited, say, ten seconds between button pushes? If the audio mode only changes when you hit the button twice in a short period of time, and there is no way around the mode change, you may have to tell your customer that you can rapidly change from one thing to another, but you will have a problem if you change from one thing back to that thing. This will minimize, but not stop, the problem; you will then need to write a set of instructions for getting the system synchronized. I saw such a thing on one of the ccfs I downloaded here about a year ago, so you are not the only one in that boat!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse