The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday November 20, 2002 at 17:10
Mikeyb
Founding Member
August 2001
500 - a relatively inexpensive remote. Pretty versatile with macros, but the screen is not nearly as customizable as the other models. A good programming job would probably cost more than the remote.

1000 - Original 4-shades of gray Pronto with 1Mb memory. Very customizable with endless options (with imagination)

2000 - Same design as 1000 with 2Mb memory

3000 - Brand new design with 16-shades of gray and more hard buttons including a cursor pad.

6000 - 256-Color version of 2000 with 6Mb memory and a couple extra hard buttons.

I have used the 500 and 6000 as well as equivelant Marantz models for the 1000 and 2000. Also new models from Marantz (5200 and 9200). For new customers, I would recommend looking into the 3000 when it's available and the newer Marantz models. These are endlessly customizable, and with a good configuration, your customers will love you. The 500 (and equivelant Marantz 3200) is a good lower cost option as well, but I highly recommend a simple, straight-forward design (this applies to the other remotes as well). Navigating too many pages is a downer for most end-users.

Also, an excellent customizable remote is the MX-700. I programmed one of these for a blind guy. Yes, a legally blind guy! He can see shadows and can see somewhat to the extreme sides, but can't see the remote one bit. And after not too much orientation, he can operate a projector, A/V receiver, satellite receiver, CD, DVD and Lutron lights. The MX-700 is easier to program too. But it is a bit costly.

Hope this helps.

Hosting Services by ipHouse